The Bashsea Aquatic Twisted SkimmerPosted on Monday, February 20th, 2012 at 9:34 am by Paul
The Bashsea Aquatic Twisted Skimmer is manufactured in Royal Oak, Michigan. They are one of the few marine product manufactures with the ability to display the Made in America slogan. The Twisted Skimmer uses the beckett injector with a patent pending injection system designed to be 100% efficient. Another unique feature is the air line connection to the effluent pipe. This acts as a natural silencer pulling air from the end cap seated just above the effluent drain. This setup also adds a level of security in the event the beckett gets gunked up. Bashsea stated the water entering the skimmer would be diverted into the effluent saving the system from overflowing and flooding.
Bashsea Aquatics has been contracted to construct 5 custom Twisted Skimmers for A & M Aquatic’s new coral grow out room. Most recently the Toledo Zoo chose the Twisted Skimmer over two other skimmer after 4 months of testing. The Twisted skimmer will be utilized on 7 separate systems at the zoo’s facility.
Here are the stats:
• Patent Pending Injection System
• 100% air and water mixing efficiency
• Versatile design can be used internal or external
• Bubble Plate to minimize turbulence
• Full body reaction chamber
• Skimmer cup drain for easy attachment of Bashsea Waste Collector
• Precision CNC Key Hole Flanges
• True O-Ring Seals
• Minimum 3/8″ clearance needed for cup removal
• Key holed and o-ring sealed beckett chamber for easy maintenance
• Designed and hand built in the U.S.A. using 100% American Made Acrylic Construction
• Available sizes – 6-24″, 6-30″, 8-24″, 8-30″, 10-30″, 10-36″, 12-30″, 12-36″
• All Twisted Skimmers are fully customizable in any size and configuration to meet your specific requirements.
To get a closer look at the Twisted Skimmer and Bashsea’s other products visit their web site: http://www.bashsea.com/