X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feedback

Just wanted to share my opinion on the forum here.
    Called looking for a specific fish a reef damsel not normally stocked asked if i could special order or if it was even available. I gave them the latin name. They took my name and number, Was told call back in a week?? called back in a week. Then was told we have this and this type of damsel the ones i wasnt looking for. Then took my name and number for the second time, i was told i would get a call back later that day or the next day. Its been over a week and still nothing. Makes me second guess wanting to spend any money at blue. Im sure others have had great experience but not me.

I'm not sure if you have tried to order fish before from a local fish store, but it's normal to wait at least a month, especially if his normal supplier doesn't carry that fish.

You have to realize you are asking for a damsel that is what less than $20 that his supplier may not carry or have in stock. He also has to make a big order.............wholesalers don't send one fish. So your fish is maybe one of 50 he would get in.

Why should he jump through hoops for your dinky order? Have you spent some money there or have a working relationship yet?

They're new & very busy expanding trying to get settled in & I'm sure want to make every customer happy, which isn't easy. I would have told you we can't get it in just to get rid of you. I'm sure their intentions were good but it's hard to put a high priority on someone who wants a few damsels.

Comment

Although I don't know the store, I see the OP's point. They did tell him twice that they will call him back (and gave him a timeline).

To BigE's point, it is a small item, and what they probably should have said was "we'll try to get it for you, but we can't really guarantee when we'll get it in" (or something along those lines).

AD87, if you like the store, I wouldn't make too big a deal of this situation, and would probably give them a second chance. But that's me.

Comment

Just to chime in here...personally I feel the service that blue fish gives is great in comparison to other "local" stores. It does have to be remembered that they are a very new store and are also expanding and it could have gotten mixed up in the shuffle and special orders take a while to even get confirmation if they are able to secure the species.

Comment

I've got to throw in my .02 here. BigE your response if exactly what is wrong with a lot of business today. They take the attitude of screw the customer--another will takes their place. Regardless of how "dinky" an order is, if a customer takes the time to come in and make an order or purchase, they should be treated as a value and not an inconveinence. How do you know that the order was $20--it could be a rare damsel worth $100 or whatever. Doesn't matter--it is still a customers request and their money and should be treated as worth the time even during expansions, being new or whatever.

Now, we weren't there and AD87 could very well have shown their butt and we all know honey vs. vinegar. Some understanding on their part wouldn't hurt, but they did state that it's been over two weeks without even a return call. Poor customer service regardless.

Proven statistic--a customer who receives bad service will tell no less than 10 others. Those 10 will also tell 10--doesn't take long for bad news to travel far and wide.

Comment

Response

Hey this is Ryan from Blue Fish.
            Just to clear up the confusion here... Customer service is our number one concern, and I just happen to be out of town the week of the call back. But we did call back a week ago and left a message stating the damsels are now available. We are expecting them in today's shipment!!! I apologize for the lack of communication on our part, we are still new and are working out the kinks. Please give us another chance, we won't let you down!!!

Comment

I don't work in retail, but I do deal with clients often. One thing I've learned over the years is to never tell a client what you can't do; only tell him what you can do. This does not mean lie to a client, but offer solutions to the client's request. That being said, I feel that BFA was generally following this principal and had only the best intentions, but sometimes there are misunderstandings and/or miscommunications in business (refer to BP and Transocean, for example). It happens to all of us, and we all make mistakes.... all of us.

Comment

I understand that my order wasnt big and u totally get that they arnt goin to order a few fish just for one order. I didnt get the point of having to chase after a simple order. But after i did post this they did call me back. I will call them tomorrow when there open and talk with them about getting several ordered.

Little E i mean big E. Have u ever ordered from another local place cause i have and they call me when the order comes in.

Communication is key to having a retail business. Small orders turn into big orders in the future. I was not bashing this place i just wanted to get some feedback out to them or anyone else. I will do business with them and see how everything goes.

Comment

Real short If you are having a problem with the LFS store take it up with them there is no need to make a small fish order such drama and especially over damsels! on the forum! We need to respect and support these LFS stores. Ryan keep up the great work! Chef

Comment

Chef, what difference does it make if it's damsels or a $400 Acro. The point is each customer is important regardless of how much they spend. If that were the case 90% of all customers at every retail location would be considered insignificant by your standard because they aren't spending much per sale. I work part time in retail (have most of my life) and you would be amazed at how small the average ticket price is per sale. This was just a case of miscommunication, but I've been having a problem with Hydor that I just got resolved--it took 5 emails, a phone call and three posts on Face Book to finally get a response. When it was all said and done, there was no apology or anything regarding the delay, just an answer to my needs. THAT is crappy customer service.

Comment

I think there are other ways to handle a situation like this one. They're a new store and I'm sure they have a lot going on. He seemed like he had good intentions and was willing to try and help you out. Some other lfs may not have even went to the extent he did by trying to order the fish for you. Even if you request a certain fish it doesn't mean you're going to get that fish in the next shipment or two. It could be weeks before a certain 'special' request is fulfilled. I'd try and give the guy a break afterall. I've heard nothing but great things about his store!!
                      Last edited by saltwateraddict; 04-24-2012, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Thanks ryan for fixing the sutuation. Like is said im not bashing anyone just was unclear of what was going on.

Comment

Little E i mean big E. Have u ever ordered from another local place cause i have and they call me when the order comes in.
                          I misssed responding to this & know things have been remedied, but to anwser your question...............yes, I have placed orders more than once at another store. He called me when the fish came in & it took like 6-7 weeks. I never called him between all that time because I knew he had to place a big order of livestock & it takes time.

I was very happy to get the fish & he kept his promise. I was just trying to tell you to be patient.....sorry about being so blunt.

Comment

On Big E's point, have you ever had a customer run you through hoops, check prices on four different fish, ask 30 questions, then turn around and go to Petco just to save 5 bucks. Why didn't they ask the thirty questions at Petco? Why would someone waist an hour of your time to shop prices, then turn around and go somewhere else? Not saying the OP did any of this Ofcourse, but It happens. it is one thing for a sale that you may make 20 bucks on, another for a sale that you make a dollar on. Especially if the sale you worked to make walks out the door to just go to Petco.

Comment

Working...
                            X