X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bellus Angels any advice?

Well i don't stop until I get what is stuck in my head. I just placed an order for a pair of Bellus Angels, yeah that's right Angels to my reef tank. Fortunately they are considered reef safe.
    http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2003...llus_Angel.jpg

Anyone have any experience with these fish that want to share on some tips. I know they are deep water so will try to keep the lights dim for a little while. Hope they come in.

yeah, light acclimation was the only thing I could find.

Comment

My advice...take good pics those are great looking fish!

Comment

Sucks only one made it on the list. My only concern is whether it got decompressed properly. If it is swimming upside down, I'll know it wasn't . Can't wait to see it today.

Comment

when do they come in?

Comment

Vu you want to add the pairs together if you are getting male and female!

Comment

Hey Vu,

Ive been reading about deep water angels (bandits) and got some info for you. Check for brown bruising in abdomen area, common in fish that didnt get decompressed properly. Being from the deep they are colder water-75 degrees would be good. They are from the plankton eating family of angels so they are 100 percent coral safe, also being from the deep where theres less sps helps. Always light acclimate shipped fish anyways, they were in a box for maybe 2 days and cant close their eyes If you were lucky and ended up with a male and want a female quickly, theres one fs locally (RMS). Its kinda expensive but looks good and healthy. I really havent seen many male bellus for sale... I have no experience pairing non collected pairs, I dont know if its as easy as finding one of each sex.

Post a pic!
              Last edited by joe22883; 04-27-2012, 06:12 AM.

Comment

She is in my tank, looking really nice. Not sure if it was worth what I paid for it, but different. Ate mysis today and out and swimming a lot so good sign, looks really healthy so I am encouraged. Although would have like to have gotten 2 instead of 1.
                http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...tcu/bellus.jpg

Comment

Looking good Vu!

Comment

Nice Vu !!

Comment

Nice looking fish Vu! Did you back down those tanning bed LEDs ?

Great info. Joe!

Comment

Very pretty fish!

Erik

Comment

Looking awesome man!

Comment

very nice looking fish Vu!

Comment

Vu! I will send you the LED oil for the savage Tan

Comment

Working...
                              X